My thoughts on BrickPlanets new vision.
Posted by Retro on Jun 30th 2023, 4:43PM
While the whole project seems really interesting and could turn out to be fun, I just find it to be really ambitious. I must agree with Isaac when he mentions emulating Robloxs game style hasnt been successful. Its hard for startup sandbox sites to maintain a following and active player count, Ive seen emerging ones always struggle like that. However, the idea for Isaacs new vision of this game is definitely not going to be completed quickly. From my understanding, unless you want a sloppy looking game, Isaac is going to have to dedicate at least a year to try and put all this together. Theres a lot of game mechanics he wants to add, such as technology and vehicles like weapons or jets, roles in society such as government positions or being a citizen, and collecting cash through missions, farming resources, or businesses. All of this is divided between two nations, where each nation has its own political influence and military power. Isaacs goal is to simply mash together already existing Roblox titles into one big project, but to create something like this with such a small development team is going to take forever. We also dont know if an ambitious, over the top game like this could even run on average hardware. Ive tested small BrickPlanet games on a variety of different computers, from the lowest to the highest. The client severely struggled to reach 30 fps with many bricks loaded into the map, and this was when I ran tests on the average consumer laptop which contained next-gen hardware. Basically saying, BrickPlanet has never really ran well on the average computer, and will definitely struggle with loading a massive map like Isaac has planned for the future. I also dont feel too positive about keeping the avatars the same, since they look too much like Roblox, but I doubt that will be changed since the community will definitely complain if the economy was reset (Im looking at you, Polytoria. We all know how poorly the community responded) and if our avatars were different. The end result is yet another ambitious Isaac Hymer project that will surely end in the site shutting down because of who knows what.
Posted by Retro on Jun 30th 2023, 4:44PM
btw whats the point of saving your old games if you cant use them?
Posted by Barbie on Jun 30th 2023, 5:01PM
I mean.. there are games like this that are incredibly crude and simpler, such as many sandbox city games which can be found on online game sites easily. The games like this usually just involve a city with killable npcs. I'm just worried about what will happen to brickplanet during its 'rebirth'
Posted by Barbie on Jun 30th 2023, 5:05PM
I also believe that the avatars should be changed, as they are somewhat primitive in my opinion. They should not be overly realistic, and should still be able to support current BrickPlanet clothing and accessories.
Posted by MCR on Jun 30th 2023, 5:13PM
I aint reading allat
Posted by AppleSallt2 on Jun 30th 2023, 5:49PM
rip ac's bickvictus studos
Posted by Zann on Jun 30th 2023, 6:09PM
Thats a lot of words
Posted by snail on Jul 1st 2023, 3:32AM
fax
Posted by EllernateFan on Jul 1st 2023, 4:19PM
I am purple
Originally posted by EllernateFan on Jul 1st 2023, 4:19PM
I am purple