Issue running BrickPlanet via Wine on Linux
Posted by x86 on May 27th 2023, 12:00AM
I understand BrickPlanet doesn't support Linux (or WINE) at the moment, but this is a question to the community. :)

I'm getting some errors when I run the BP launcher on a fresh wine prefix. GL display fails to initialize and a file descriptor error occurs as well. For anyone on Linux that has tried this, is this the same case for you?
Posted by Yuuya on May 29th 2023, 10:33PM
Why not just wait till the official Linux supported client gets released?
Originally posted by Yuuya on May 29th 2023, 10:33PM
Posted by EllernateFan on May 30th 2023, 6:47PM
Hi c:
Originally posted by x86 on May 27th 2023, 12:00AM
I understand BrickPlanet doesn't support Linux (or WINE) at the moment, but this is a question to the community. :)

I'm getting some errors when I run the BP launcher on a fresh wine prefix. GL display fails to initialize and a file descriptor error occurs as well. For anyone on Linux that has tried this, is this the same case for you?
Posted by Retro on May 30th 2023, 7:04PM
I dont know much about this stuff but is there an error log or other way to check if there is an exact problem?

I googled it and it seems Gl display errors happen all the time so maybe there is a similar problem

I have however only used linux once so I am not very sure, correct me if i am wrong
Posted by Retro on May 30th 2023, 7:07PM
If the brickplanet launcher is a 32 bit program you may need to create a 32 bit prefix on 64 bit wine idk if that works thats probably not it though
Originally posted by Retro on May 30th 2023, 7:07PM
If the brickplanet launcher is a 32 bit program you may need to create a 32 bit prefix on 64 bit wine idk if that works thats probably not it though
Posted by EllernateFan on May 30th 2023, 11:34PM
What does that mean
Originally posted by Retro on May 30th 2023, 7:07PM
Posted by x86 on May 31st 2023, 6:59AM
Unfortunately the issue is not related to architecture, it's a file descriptor error.

```
wine client: error: bad file descriptor
```
Originally posted by Yuuya on May 29th 2023, 10:33PM
Posted by x86 on May 31st 2023, 7:00AM
We never know if Linux support is guaranteed. For as long as there is no Linux release, we're going to look for ways to run it on WINE. :)